Share this Page
Free Personality Test and Other Helpful Inventories to find the right Job
The free personality test for employment is one of a number of useful questionnaires on this site that will help you discover the right career for you. Other research-based questionnaires that you might find useful are:
- The Employee Engagement Survey which examines how satisfied you are in your current role. It helps answer the fundamental question of, “Should I stay in my current job?”
- The Culture Fit Questionnaire examines your organisational cultural preferences to ensure a match between you and the employers culture.
- The Personal Values Inventory seeks to understand the relationship between your personal values and your best types working environments for you.
Introduction to the Personality Test
This free personality test for employment is based on the work of Eysenck and measures two dimensions of personality. The free personality test for employment measures Extraversion-Introversion and Neuroticism-Stability, which account for most of the variance in personality research. The free personality test for employment contains 57 questions in total. It also tracks the ‘social desirability’ of responses which effectively means providing answers that give a good reflection rather than a true reflection of the person.
When you fill out the free personality test for employment, you get three scores.
- The ‘E score’ is out of 24 and measures how much of an extrovert you are.
- The ‘N score’ is out of 24 and measures how neurotic you are.
- Your dimension based on the combination of the E and N scores.
Interpretation of Scores
To interpret the scores, the nearer your E score and your N score to the extreme, the more marked are the personality traits. Please note that this free personality test for candidates suffers from similar issues to all other inventories of this sort. Firstly, you are self-reporting. Therefore the scores are based on how you see yourself. That may be very different to how other people see you. Secondly, despite some assurances to the contrary, our personality can change over time, and will certainly change depending on the situation.
Instructions for the Free Personality Test for Employment
Here are some questions regarding the way you behave, feel and act. Each question has radio buttons to answer YES or NO. Try to decide whether YES or NO represents your usual way of acting or feeling. Work quickly, and don’t spend too much time over any question, we want your first reaction, not a long drawn-out thought process. Be as truthful as possible in answering the questions. The whole questionnaire shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. There are no right or wrong answers, but simply a measure of the way you behave. When you have completed the free personality test for employment, you will receive your results based on your top one or two types. Now begin below.