Why is Culture Fit Becoming Increasingly Important with Employers?
- Engagement has increased (take an engagement survey here). If the employee is culturally aligned to the business, they will tend to take an interest in the business as a whole. They feel ownership of the business, and will be committed to its aims and goals.
The Culture Fit Questionnaire looks across 4 dimensions with 8 cultural types. It provides a general overview of your cultural personality, and then shows the cultures you would be most comfortable with.
- Reduced staff turnover – when staff are comfortable in the organisation, they tend to stay longer. In the UK it is believed that the cost of replacing a member of staff is on average £30,614. Most of that cost is in a new employee come up to speed, or attaining the expected productivity.
- Common brand representation. The external brand is a reflection of an internal culture, and vice versa. We have all seen the adverts that tell you what a great experience you will have if you buy…. Yet, the reality of the purchase does not match the promises made. This is a great way to sink a company. Therefore, if you have employees that are naturally in tune with the brand and its underlying culture, the brand experience is then better for the customer. That means more sales.
- Productivity is increased. Happy employees are generally more productive than unhappy employees. If you are happier going to work each day, you will simply put more into the job. You probably take work home with you too.
How to Find the Right Culture Fit
We have prepared an on line questionnaire for you, and you can access this at the bottom of the page. There are several ways of finding the right culture fit.
The Culture Fit Questionnaire
The Culture Fit Questionnaire looks across 4 dimensions with 8 cultural types. It provides a general overview of your cultural personality, and then shows the cultures you would be most comfortable with. You can use this to:
- Assess the work environment of a potential employer.
- Assess if you would like working with your potential manager.
- Assess the potential employers ‘ways of working’.
Assess the Employers Brand
Unfortunately brand and culture do not always match. However, if the company seems to be growing, the chances are that they do match. Look at how they advertise. How does it make you feel as a person? How much does it lead you to trust them? Most importantly, can you see yourself working with them? After completing the Culture Fit Questionnaire, you can access the best cultures for you here based on your results.
Use Values Questions
Personal Values are part of your cultural preferences. If you have completed the Personal Values Questionnaire, then we have designed some key questions that you can ask at interview. These questions have been carefully designed to be positive in the eyes of the potential employer whilst getting the answers to find out if you are the right fit for them. Here is an article we wrote for one of the job boards a little time ago to help employers ask the right questions of candidates. However, for questions you should ask employers, click here.
Download an Analysis Workbook to Help
It is not essential for the questionnaire or the results, but this workbook will help you tomake the most of your results. As well as providing the free download, it will also register you with us for future article and the latest tips. Complete the form below.